Monday, March 14, 2011

Planning a Painting Expedition

Oppeid photographed in 1998.
I am working on a kickstarter.com proposal for a painting exhibition in Northern Norway this summer. I learned about kickstarter during my January residency from Michael Pfleghaar who used kickstarter to fund summer studies in Vienna.  
Watercolor postcards of Oppeid in Hamaroy. 1999.
I was an exchange student my junior year of high school in a small village above the Arctic Circle in 1998-99. During my year abroad I took many photographs and made drawings in my sketchbook. 

Stay tuned. I will be posting a link for the kickstarter project very soon!

My host family on my host sister's confirmation day. 1999.
A photograph of me in a small boat in the summer of 1999. My friend Line and I went on a boating expedition to explore the strange white tower in the distance.
A painting of Hamaroy from memory (2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment